FIREVOOP® SEISMIC EXPANSION JOINT FOR FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEMS
FireVoop™ seismic joint installation instructions
One of the great advantages of the FireVoop™ seismic expansion joint is its simplicity. It is very easy to install, requiring nor more than one hanger and two connections. It is also extremely compact with a narrow profile that makes installation easy, allows for tight pipe runs, and minimizes the impact on designs.
- FireVoop™ can be connected to adjacent piping with rigid or flexible type couplings.
- A Metraflex FireVoop™ may be installed in any orientation / position.*
- FireVoop™ support:
- No support is required for the (90°) return bend for the 2" FireVoop™.
- Support for the (90°) return bend for FireVoops larger than 2". A FireVoop™ hanging down requires no support. Support for other orientations can be provided in two ways;
- A hanger rod at the 90° that is 12" long or greater, for the ±4" of movement the FireVoop™ will allow the loop to swing and no additional steps are necessary.
- If the FireVoop™ is installed with hanger rods less than distances recommended above, a spring hanger assembly is recommended, to allow the FireVoop™ to flex during seismic event.
- FireVoops are shipped with the shipping bar to insure a neutral face to face during installation. This shipping bar must remain in place during installation, but then must be removed prior to testing.
- Clearance; FireVoop™ designed for;
- ±4" of movement, must have 4" of clearance all around the FireVoop™
- If the FireVoop™ cannot span the building's seismic separation, it may be installed with the closest elbow not more than 24 inches from the seismic separation.
* When FireVoop™ is installed in the up (90 bend above pipe run) position consideration should be given to the removal of entrapped air.